Provides Accountability and Encourages Compliance.
Our flagship technology. The SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring® system is the world’s most widely used and trusted 24/7 transdermal alcohol testing system. For high-risk, hardcore DUI and alcohol offenders.
SCRAM CAM - Compliance and Accountability
- Use together with treatment to enforce compliance and better identify when intervention may be needed.
- According to studies CAM is most effective when used by offenders who have been assessed with alcohol dependence or addiction.
- CAM can be used as a standalone alcohol monitor or be used in conjunction with home curfew monitoring at the flip of a switch.
- No transportation to a testing center necessary, CAM goes where the client goes all the time.
- No ability to miss a test or drink around testing schedules - with samples taken every 30 minutes, 24/7, testing gaps are eliminated.
How SCRAM CAM Tests Alcohol Through the Skin
If you've ever noticed the aroma coming from someone who drank tequila the night before, then you've experienced the very event that spawned the interest of our founders in the science of transdermal alcohol monitoring.
While the technology that allows the SCRAM CAM bracelet to effectively test and report alcohol consumption based on transdermal testing is relatively new, the science of transdermal testing is not. Transdermal-or literally "through the skin"-has been known for decades as a reliable way to transport substances, both through absorption and excretion. Today the science of transdermal alcohol testing and measurement is well studied, peer-reviewed, and documented.